Thursday, March 16, 2017

Meet Magdalena

Magdelena is my little china doll. She stands 10" tall. When I first met her at a doll show, she was only a broken off head, and so adorable and sweet-looking, that I had to buy her. She is pink tint China, with a jolly round face and a sweet smile. Her hair is in what is called a covered wagon style, but it has a little extra oomph to it. Above her curls, it fluffs out (if China can be said to fluff out) instead of being plastered to her head, like most covered wagon styles are. I brought her home to my medium house on the prairie, and set to work. Using Dixie Remond's free Izannah Walker body pattern, I made her a stuffed torso, then filled in a new neck and shoulder plate using epoxy glue, spread over the stuffed fabric body underneath.  I painted them to match her face. china arms and legs from an antique body completed her little self, and she has lived with me ever since. She's such a nice small size, so easy to dress and find accessories for, and hence the title: "Things for Magdalena."  I hope you will follow the two of us, as we fill her trunk with clothes and notions, and as we tour around Iowa and the Midwest on our little adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment